MG Elite


Hi from New Jersey


Vicky with our group
After a week in Minneapolis, we flew to New Jersey. My third and final trial in the US was at MG Elite. 

Honestly, I was the most nervous before the first practice at MG Elite, because I was most excited about it. I went to the gym for the first time on Monday, October 1st. I was supposed to try for a week and then decide which club of these three (Texas Dreams, Twin City Twisters, MG Elite) I would stay until mid-December. It was actually Maggie's suggestion to try out these three different clubs before making the decision. 
After my first practice at MG Elite, I said to my mom that I wanted to stay here. I was really confident in my decision :)

MG Elite is not a big club and they don't have a big gym either. There are not many girls, but all of them are amazing. Maggie has just five girls on her team and our other coach Victoria Levine (Vicky) has her own group. We have practice usually from 8:30 am till 1 pm and second practices from 4-6pm three times a week. Sunday is the day off.

Picture of the gym
All of the girls from Maggie's and Vicky's team were so nice and kind! I absolutely love training with all of them. A warm thank you to Riley who guided me in the first week when I was a little lost because everything was new... <3

Maggie's goal is to teach perfect gymnastics and that's why her girls are so perfect on their skills. During my first month I really just did some basic stuff focusing on the right technique and cleaning my skills. It was frustrating sometimes, but I realized that it is totally worth it. I really love the way MG Elite coaches do their work and teach kids to do things perfectly.

I was surprised how much MG Elite girls do legs in their conditioning. I was extremely sore after the first week because I was not used to that... They stretch soooo much more than the two other clubs where I went. Luckily, I am usually ok in stretching so I survived, haha.

After the first week, we asked Maggie if I can stay on her team and she said yes. I was super happy and I am beyond thankful that she took me to her team. I love her style and their training schedule really fits for me. I never thought that this could happen so it is a dream come true.

Maggie and Riley had World Championships coming when I entered the group. 
It was super exciting to see how they prepared for the comp. 
Then in October they traveled to Doha, Qatar. 

Their competition went well and they brought home World Championship gold. 

While Riley and Maggie were away, I trained with Vicky's team. Vicky is also an amazing coach and I really loved training with her. She is so funny and I think that my skills really improved during the month with her <3


New Sylvia P leotards 

At the Jersey Shore in New Jersey 

New posts coming soon about my journey at MG Elite!

Comments

  1. Hi, I have a question: Where did you live there? And how much did it cost to train there and to live there?
    Thank you!
    Greetings from Germany!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

MG Elite part 2

Texas Dreams, part 1

Twin City Twisters, Minnesota