MG Elite part 2

Moi 
That means "hi" in Finnish. This is my last post before the new year. I am now back home in Finland. I am really happy to see my friends and my family. I missed them a lot!


Our group (Ariel is missing)

Last month in the USA was not easy, though I do love everything about MG Elite. The biggest challenge for me was that I was so tired all the time. One reason is the English language. It was extremely tiring to push myself every day to understand and speak a foreign language. In the evening I felt that my brain was boiling... :D In the evenings I was ready to go to bed already after dinner, before 8pm. But every week was a little bit easier. 


Some other reason is that the training at MG Elite is physically so much harder than at home. There we practiced 33 hours per week while in Finland we only have 25h per week. This means that my weekly practice hours were 30% more than before!

Our group is very small so Maggie has lots of time for everyone. She is a very intense coach so we have to concentrate on clean technique every minute. This is what I love about her and MG Elite. This type of coaching suits me perfectly but it's really hard.

Maggie & me
We also have more time for each event which means much more repetition. It is a good thing, but I can tell that your body feels that too! In Finland, we have for example 30min time slot for vault - for the whole group. And some days with Maggie I could practice my vault even 1,5 hours if needed. 

But now it feels good to be back home and spend time with my friends and family. It is so great to hug my cute little brother and talk in Finnish... But I am also already missing back to MG; Maggie, Vicky, and our team! 

This has been an amazing experience, and it will be nice to see what is knocking on the door next year.

Happy and healthy new year to everyone! 

Maggie Haney, Olivia Greaves, Riley McCusker, Danae Fletcher, Ariel Posen & Zoe Gravier. 







Comments

  1. Thanks for posting this info. I just want to let you know that I just check out your site and I find it very interesting and informative. I can't wait to read lots of your posts.
    print shop Metairie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Catch up from 2023

Tips to skills